1.Strong And Active School Administration
The communication is highly smooth across the whole administration. All offices work as a team "for students' good and at teachers' services."
2.On-going Professional Learning For Teachers
Every Wednesday afternoon, teachers are scheduled to attain professional seminars or studies in or out of the school. In addition, during winter and summer breaks, school-based advanced programs and professional dialogues are also arranged for all teachers, to share teaching ideas, build up some common thoughts and boost energy for their professional developments.
3.Student-Centered And School-Based Curriculum
Since the implementation of the “Nine-Year Consistency” policy, our school curriculum is rooted upon "Chi Shan Yen," while physical fitness and life education are main branches. Apart from that, seven teaching fields are also contents for teachers to develop "School-based curriculum."
4.Diverse Activities And Contests For Students
There are variety of activities and contests provided for all students, including science, sports, native languages, English, arts and crafts, music, and etc. All activities attract parents and students to participate joyfully, and thus, to enrich students’ learning experiences and to development their "multiple intelligences."
5.Activities to Form School Identity
- Encourage teachers to take part in school affairs and aggressively provide supports for teachers.
- Hold some pleasurable activities or gatherings regularly.
- Provide various activities and contests to meet all kinds of students’ needs.
- All activities held are based on the following principles:
- To protect students' learning rights
- To develop students multiple intelligences
- To demonstrate students special talents
We strive to provide an environment for our students to “learn happily and grow healthily."
- Hold training seminars for volunteer parents to assist school affairs.
- Provide courses for parents to promote parents' interests and abilities in different fields so that they can be stronger supporters of our school.
- Build up friendships between school and the community through activities like” Neighbors’ Day”
- Hold activities for both parents and kids, such as Happy Baseball Contests and many-legs running, to promote family relationships.
In recent years, there have been flows of educational reform across the nation. No matter how furious the flows are, the ultimate purpose is to ensure students' "learning rights." Furthermore, it is to promote teaching quality in general.
Yu Nong Primary School has many advantages: supportive and co-operative parents who actively participate school affairs, capable and active administration group who offer teaching services, self-motivated and active teaching staffs who guarantee excellent teaching quality. The school administration, the teachers' association, and the parent's committee hold the common belief in protecting students' "learning rights," sharing ideas and thoughts, and respecting and emotionally supporting one another.
As regards to the environment, Yu Nong Primary School has high-quality community and convenient transportation, Chi Shan Yen Park and Yang Ming Hospital are right next to us. Besides, Yangmingshan National Park, Tien Mu Sports Park, and Beitou Hot Spring Museum, are all abundant resources for natural ecology as well as humanistic perspectives. All of these provide us solid resources and prerequisites to the success for the "Nine-Year Consistence" courses starting in the 93th school year.
Office of Academic Affairs
Head of Academic Affairs
Developmental planning and implementation of school academic affairs
Teaching Affairs Section
Curriculum arrangement, assessments of all subjects, teaching demonstration, homework /assignment revision
Academic competitions or exhibitions, decoration of teaching environment
Planning and inspection of teaching progress, arrangement of switches / substitutes for classes
Advanced study / seminars for teachers, arrangement of school calendar, class observation
Preservation and management of students' records, processing of transfer students
Statistics of students' records, issuing students certificates of all kinds
Registration of students, entrance of new students, graduation, financial aids
Arrangement of Student ID numbers, sorting of class members, inspection and data processing of academic records
Inspection of non-registered children, report of students who withdraw from school
Research and development of Yu Nong "Characteristic Courses"
Supplies & Equipment Section
Selection and purchase of textbooks, distribution of textbooks
Planning and management of the school library and the teaching supplies and equipment of subject classroom
Training for library use, collecting teaching resources
Selection for supplementary materials, purchase and preservation of textbooks, teaching materials and props
Management and maintenance of school computer system for school administration
Promotion for school information education
Training for library use
Management of books borrowing and returning
Entry and introduction of new books
Use of tapes, videos, VCDs, DVDs.
Teaching props Room
Management for the use of teaching props and equipment
Production of manual teaching props / supplies
Head of Counseling Office
Management, coordination and implementation of school counseling affairs
Assisting, guiding and counseling service for students, case study and individual assistence and counseling
Teachers' learning of counseling, offering professional counseling service
Planning and implementation of group counseling and parental education
Column scheme of children counseling
- Collecting, arranging, reviewing, keeping and transferring of students' counseling records
- Maintaining student's IQ tests and related inspection affairs
- Preparation, recording and arranging of reports for counseling meeting of all kinds
- Collecting, keeping and offering equipment, props, and references related to counseling
Special Education Section
- Establishing "the Implementation Committee of Special Education"
- Planning and implementation of the promotion month for special education
- Designing IEP (Individualized Education Program)
- Appropriate placement, assistance and guiding for special students
- Management of special students and dealing with special cases
- Promotion of education for gifted students
- Publishing "Reinforcement Station of Special Education"
- Transition of special students to the counseling and assistance for entrance to a higher educational institution
Yu Nong Kindergarten
- Management and coordination of kindergarten affairs
- Leading all staff to abide by educational law
- Integration and implementation of kindergarten plans, execution of the final decision of kindergarten meetings
- Formulation of the kindergarten organizational system, regulations, planning outline, school calendar, daily syllabus for younger children, etc.
- Arranging annual budget, managing kindergarten property, improving facilities, cleanness preservation and beautifying tasks for the environment
- Inspecting kindergarten affairs, teaching, campus-guarding journals, and supervising every working schedule
- Implementation of recruiting new students, orientation, students sorting and placement
- Personnel management, implementation and improvement of teaching plan
Teaching and Nursing Section
- Formulation of teaching plans, implementation of teaching activities
- Designing charts for all kinds of teaching activities (such as assessment charts, observation recording chart, unit activity design chart, etc.)
- Reporting teaching data, filling in charts, collecting and arranging every teaching file
- Holding teaching demonstration, out-of-campus teaching activities, graduation ceremony, release of kindergarten periodicals
- Reinforcement for assisting life education
- The planning and implementation of insurance and health counseling jobs (such as family visiting, health check-ups, security insurance, injection, dealing with accidents, management of pills and ointments, records of morning check-up, etc.), and collecting and arranging of all necessary charts
General Affairs Section
- Repair filing for equipment in the kindergarten
- Managing jobs like purchasing, inventory, pricing, applying and bookkeeping of teaching props, supplies, equipment and materials
- Receiving daily expenses, cash for the kindergarten, and bookkeeping every detailed item
- Collecting and sending presents or cash for colleagues
- Collecting, supervising and management of meal plans
- Recording, indexing and management of all kindergarten property
- Borrowing affairs of all kindergarten property
- Typing, writing, designing and production of notices, activity design, calendars, certificates, citations of outstanding performance, statistical charts, invitation cards, posters, chart design …etc., and the collection and keeping of all these documents
- Passing official documents, receiving, sending, recording and filing of all mail
- Management and filing of administration records and files
- Photographing for all activities, collecting and filing of all photos
- Preparation, planning, and supervising all kinds of activities
- Establishing volunteer groups, directing and involving the kindergarten affairs
- Developing parental education, offering parents information, books, newspapers and the kindergarten periodicals
Cooking and Nutrition Section
- Inspection, cooking, sorting and sending of everyday meal
- Cleaning utensils in the kitchen
- Preparing for daily drinking water for younger children
- Taking charge of stuff ordering and supplying job
- Assisting teachers to arrange and clean classrooms
- Helping to take care of the younger children when their teachers are at meetings
- Saving everyday meal for inspection
- Dealing with temporary assigned jobs